Hey everyone! In today’s video I share a tutorial for a fun, floral beaded ring, which you can make with the contents of the Cherry Blossom Festival Bead Box from BeadingSchool and I!
We will start by making a beaded bezel around an 8mm Preciosa Nacre Pearl Cabochon with a variety of high quality Miyuki seed beads. Then, we will surround the bezel with layers of lush Mini Dagger beads, and additional seed beads, to produce the look of petals. Finally, we will create a very simple, slim ring band using the flat herringbone beading stitch. Please see below for the full list of materials:
Materials List (One Ring, Any Size):
Contents of Cherry Blossom Festival:
- 12mm Cushion Cut (2) – Light Peach
- 8mm Rivoli (6) – Rose
- 8mm Nacre Pearl Cab (6) – Lt. Cream Rose
- 4mm Bicone (25) – Rose Opal
- 4mm Pearls (25) – Pearlescent Cream
- Preciosa Pear Pearls (6) – Lt. Cream Rose
- 2.1mm Rhinestone Cupchain – Aqua Bohemica
Miyuki Seed Beads:
- 11/0 Delica: Metallic Steel Green
- 11/0 Round: Rose Silver Lined Alabaster
- 11/0 Round: Dark Bronze
- 15/0 Round: Matte Met. Olive Green
- 15/0 Round: Galvanized Magenta
- Half-Tila: Picasso Opaque Seafoam
- Quarter-Tila: Lt. Rose Luster
- Dagger – Opaque Topaz Pink Luster
- Mini GemDuo – Jet Bronze
- Vexolo – Alabaster Green Luster
- 3mm Apatite Faceted Gemstones
- Mini Dagger Beads – Opaque Topaz Pink Luster
- 2mm Fire Polish Rounds – Opaque Topaz Pink Luster
French Ear Wire Findings – Leaf Detail
Gold Flower Toggle Clasp
Pink Enamel Earring Posts
Cherry Blossom Festival Tutorials:
Learn how to make a pair of beaded earrings with 14mm etched lotus crystal cabochons. This design incorporates the rose opal Preciosa bicones, Miyuki Quarter Tila, 2mm Fire Polish, and 11/0 and 15/0 Seed Beads.
Learn how to make this floral bracelet by creating individual blossoms, made with 8mm crystal rivolis, half tila, mini dagger, Delica, and seed beads. String the individual blossoms together, as shown, or use them to create earrings, a necklace, and more.
Learn how to create a perfectly fitting beaded bezel for these special, handmade L2Studio Trapezoid Pendants! We will use peyote stitch in the round to weave 11/0 Miyuki Delica Beads and 15/0 Round Seed Beads together, surrounding the piece. Then we will create a bail, and lightly embellish the top of the piece.
Click on the link above to see the corresponding blog post where I have shared step-by-step images, and instructions, showing how this bead embroidered pendant was created. I also shared info and images about the creation of the beaded bail, which may be used to attach to the silk cord that was included in the box.
Learn how to make an original multi-component statement necklace.
First learn how to create component #1, which includes a bezel made of Vexolo beads, 4mm pearls, and seed beads, surrounding an 8mm nacre pearl cabochon. Next, we will make component #2, which includes a cushion cut crystal stone, and a seed bead bezel.
A combination of these components will be put together, then we will create a beaded chain with seed beads and Mini GemDuo beads.